710 Queen Street (Old Education Building)
The ground floor of this rubble stone building with its ancient locks, bell-pulls, recessed fireplaces and narrow stairways was erected in 1816 as an office for William F. Odell, the Provincial Secretary, making it the oldest surviving public building in Fredericton. In 1869, the cut stone second storey and attic were added to provide additional office and storage space. The carved wooden portal surrounding the front entrance is one of the few examples of pure Greek Revival architectural styling in the City. The Greek Revival was extremely popular in both public and residential buildings throughout North America between 1820 and 1860, but it barely touched Fredericton.