605/607 Queen Street
The Lemont House was built between 1880 and 1882. Its graceful mansard roof reflects the French influence of the Second Empire style fashionable in Canada at that time. Compare the top floor arched dormers to the New Brunswick Sports Hall of Fame. Until they were buried by the construction of the Riverfront Drive in the late 1970’s, bygone riverboat wharves were still in existence behind the house.