531 Charlotte Street
An Edwardian house built in the final days of the Queen Anne Revival style, this 1908 residence was constructed for prosperous Fredericton businessman Charles Scott who was involved in milling on the Miramichi. Emblematic of his business, Scott had a millstone from his mill sunk in the front walk where it can still be seen today. The interior trim is the work of master craftsman Charles Moffitt, who was Scott’s brother-in-law. The well maintained house has had very little in the way of alterations, and is flawlessly preserved.