Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
On June 10th, 1925, the United Church of Canada arose from a union of the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches. The members of St. Paul’s were divided over entering the United Church, and a substantial number of the congregation refused to join, forming a separate congregation in a new edifice known as St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. The church is a handsome Late Gothic Revival brick church designed by Alward & Gillies of Saint John and built in 1927-28. It features well-crafted stone details, numerous stained glass memorial windows, and a robust bell tower topped with ornate windows and louvers.