245 York Street
A typical Fredericton side entry is enlivened by twin two-storey bay windows on the front façade, along with an intricately supported, almost out of character, oriel window on the Charlotte Street side. Built in 1894 for photographer John Harvey (founder of the still-named downtown institution ’Harvey Studio’) and his wife Martha, who continued the business following her husband’s death. Mrs. Harvey pursued many heritage causes including the founding of the York-Sunbury Historical Society, which began with small meetings in her home in 1927. The plaque shield engraved with "J Harvey" still graces the front door.