217 George Street
It is presumed that this house was built by Dr. Joseph Hea, who became the first president after King’s College became the University of New Brunswick in 1859. The front door was likely where the bay window is now. Leonard Johnson, a manufacturer of farm machinery, owned it for a quarter century after 1877. The east triple window on the main floor features extraordinary hand-painted stained glass scenes of birds, cherry trees, and a portrait of the English poet & clergyman Robert Herrick (1591-1674).