155 Smythe Street
One of a related group of early 20th century Beaux-Arts Classical houses in Fredericton, this noble home with its grand front porch, two-storey ionic columns, and splendid stained glass windows was built circa 1902 as a wedding gift to Mr. and Mrs. Wardlow Kilburn by his father John. John Kilburn was a wealthy lumberman and part owner of the Hartt shoe factory, and would often hire a three-piece band to play concerts on the front balcony of the house. Upon his death in 1940, the house was bequeathed to the neighbouring hospital and was used as a nurses’ residence. It is now an office with apartment flats.