The Buttery

The Buttery

The grounds of Old Government House once included an array of outbuildings including a wash house, coach house, stable, cow house, guardhouse, sentry box, well house, and a food storage structure known as the Buttery. Of this group, the only one remaining on site is the Buttery - a distinctive circular stone building with a conical tapered roof. Although its exact date of construction is unknown, it is likely pre-1838.