120 Smythe Street
Following the completion of his sash and door factory which sits adjacent on the river side, local industrialist Joseph C. Risteen began work on this, his family home, which was completed in 1874. Nearly all the house’s materials including the doors, windows and siding were manufactured at the factory. With the exception of the side verandah additions, the house has carefully maintained its original features including the arch–top windows, curved fitting shutters, massive double doors, fascia trim and overall appearance. It has never left the Risteen family, and is presently owned by Joseph’s great–grandson.