340 Brunswick Street
Horatio Nelson Drake built this house in 1841. He was the captain of the St. John River steamboat "Reindeer," which contained the first compound marine engine, invented in Fredericton by Benjamin Tibbits and built in a local foundry. There is much fine woodcarving throughout the house, as well as exquisite carved panels on both sides of the exterior front entrance. In 1846 Drake sold the house for seven times its original cost.