Brunswick Street Baptist Church
A distinguished member of downtown Fredericton’s many corner-lot churches, this purple sandstone Gothic church was designed by the architect D.E. Dunham of Saint John and completed in 1883, replacing a wooden church on the same site destroyed by fire in 1882. The interior followed Baptist tradition, with a central pulpit surrounded by semi-circular pews, a horseshoe shaped balcony, and a richly-stained wood interior. It makes a fitting kinsman to the similarly styled St. Paul’s United Church one block away, which was completed near the same time.