390 King Street
At the corner of York and King streets stands the impressive 1899 Clark Building, designed by J.C. Dumaresq and home for many decades to this prominent Fredericton family’s various mercantile businesses. It is still owned by the family and now houses a variety of offices and commercial ventures. The original structure has some fine qualities including intricate brickwork, stone and terracotta banding, and segmented, semi-elliptical, and semicircular windows. In 1915 the Clark family opened Canada’s first Chevrolet dealership on the block opposite, and are still in the automobile business at the top of the hill.