Provincial Normal School/Justice Building
This handsome brick and stone edifice replaced the original 1876 Victorian building built as a Normal School for teacher training which was destroyed by fire in 1929. This explains the two dates of 1876 and 1930 on the frontispiece and the shields with initials PNS (Provincial Normal School). Some older portions survive, including the 1913 rear annex of lighter brick, along with the triple-arched entrance with its pink granite pillars, which were saved from the ruins of the 1876 fire. At present, it is the Justice Building of the Provincial Government with cultural/studio spaces in the rear annex.