Old Fredericton High School (York House)
A Baptist seminary was built on this location in 1836, but was later torn down and replaced by the present structure designed by J.C. Dumaresq, who was also the architect of the Provincial Legislature and many other prominent public buildings in the Maritime Provinces. The carved front arch keystone proclaims the inauguration of construction in 1891, and after opening in 1893 this building was the Fredericton High School until 1925, possessing some of the finest brickwork in Fredericton. After 1925 it was used as an elementary school and part of the Teachers’ College. It now belongs to the adjacent Brunswick Street Baptist Church. The building is now known as York House.