767 Brunswick Street
Built for sheriff and businessman A.A. Sterling, this gracious house designed by Saint John architect H. H. Mott is the domestic version of the Second Empire style of the imposing Provincial Legislature building. In this house’s case, the stylistic source also incorporates elements of the Italianate, an architectural style kindred to the Second Empire, which predates is slightly. The use of a narrower two-bay façade as opposed to a symmetrical three-bay façade is more characteristic of urban building where narrower lots required a more compact plan. Local papers called it "an ornament for the east end of Fredericton" upon its completion in 1890.