750 Brunswick Street
This 2 and half storey wood frame house is an excellent example of a well-crafted late 18thcentury/early 19th century Georgian residence. It was built in 1800 for George Pidgeon, rector of Fredericton. It was probably used as a rectory until John Murray Bliss leased it in 1826-27. In 1859 it was sold to John A. Beckwith, mayor of Fredericton, member of the Legislative Council, and Grandmaster of the Orange Lodge of N.B. The house retains all its major architectural features, including the pure axial symmetry, diminutive roof dormers, double fireplace chimneys, pedimented side garden entrance, and the front entrance door with its remarkably delicate fanlight and sidelight tracery.