Old UNB Engineering Building

Old UNB Engineering Building

Called a "temple of science" at its cornerstone-laying ceremony, this brick and stone Romanesque Revival building was built in 1900-01 for $25,000. The extensive carved archway at the main entrance is one of the most striking architectural icons in Fredericton, proudly displaying coats-of-arms of the University and the Province of New Brunswick.