189 University Avenue
The original property occupied by this house was first conveyed in 1787 to Stephen Jarvis, a Loyalist from South Carolina. The property passed through various hands including John Saunders from 1812 to 1845. In 1846 James Rodgers, a carpenter, bought the property and soon thereafter built this traditional Georgian-influenced Cape Cod house. It remained in the Rodgers family for over one hundred years.