729 Charlotte Street
William F. Odell built this Classical Revival home in the 1830’s for his sister Mary. A subsequent owner, Mrs. Montgomery Campbell had the kitchen wing moved from the back to the west side of the house where it presently stands, enlarging the garden and making it more secluded. Francis Partridge, the first Dean of Christ Church Cathedral, lived here with his wife and family from 1895 to 1906. The Partridges’ 11th and last child Basil became a writer and in 1951 his novel "The Penningtons" was published, a fictional account of his family and their time in Fredericton. In 1912, barrister Lewis H. Bliss purchased this house from the church and it remains in the Bliss family to this day.