777 Charlotte Street

777 Charlotte Street

In 1855 Charles Moffatt and his father-in-law James Fowler built this house, and it remained the home of Moffatt and his descendants until 1956. James Fowler’s own home which he built himself bears a noticeable resemblance in design and orientation. The enclosed "front" porch at 777 Charlotte Street, on the east side of the house, was rebuilt to include the fanlight, sidelights, pilasters and surrounding moulding salvaged from the circa 1800 Ward Chipman house that once stood on the corner of Queen and St. John Streets now occupied by the Playhouse.