221 Church Street
The front portion of this Second Empire style house was originally built on the corner of Church and George Streets circa 1874 for James L. Beverley, book seller and stationer. In 1903 or 1904 it was moved and extended at its present location. External alterations and decorative additions may have been added then, which could account for this house having some later Queen Anne Revival tendencies, including the asymmetrical side tower. This house has served as a private home, a university residence for graduate women, and a bed and breakfast.