745 George Street
"Little Glencoe" was built in 1847 by Daniel McCurdy, a Presbyterian minister who provided his house with "Scottish" dormers - the angled window blocks at the second floor roof, typical of traditional Scottish architecture. In 1872 Dr. George Roberts, the former head of the Collegiate School, bought the house and lived here. His granddaughter Elizabeth Roberts MacDonald, sister of Sir Charles G.D. Roberts and noted author herself later occupied it. The small house next door in the side yard was the barn at the back of this property until it was moved to the street and later subdivided.