706 Brunswick Street
Akin to the Odell house nearby, this early to mid-19th century house is typical of early domestic architecture in the downtown plat. The main portion’s 2 and half storey frame is capped by a medium sloped gable roof that lies parallel to the street, and the original entry is on the side, opening to the garden rather than to the street; the verandah and rear ells are later additions. Lots within this block were originally used by the British military garrison as a garden after 1789. Prior to that, it was part of a farm "cleared and fenced" owned by Philip Weade, a pre-Loyalist settler at St. Anne’s Point.