96 Secretary Lane

96 Secretary Lane

With its domed round corner tower, dormer windows of varying sizes, distinctive bay windows, chimney, and at least five different wood shingle types, this ornate house is thought to be one of the best examples of Queen Anne Revival architecture in Fredericton. Construction of this house in 1897 for carriage manufacturer A. J. Edgecombe required the relocation of the house which is now at 779 King Street. Owned for many years by Dr. B. L. Jewett, it was acquired by the province of New Brunswick in 1969 and is presently used as government offices.