779 King Street

779 King Street

This house was built in 1846 at the corner of Secretary Lane - one house up; it was moved sixty years later to make way for its larger neighbour. The central upper-storey gable window bay breaks the eave line and provides a splendid view down river and up the street. The sunburst patterned front vestibule windows are combined with elegant details within such as the two lovely marble fireplace mantels.