97 Church Street
Known as "Beauregard", this corner house was built in 1848-49 by Benjamin Wolhaupter, a watchmaker and High Sheriff of York County. It was later purchased and occupied by the first Anglican Bishop of Fredericton, the Reverend John Medley, from 1866 until his death in 1892. William T. Whitehead bought the property in 1905 and immediately began an extensive renovation of the then unadorned five-bay Georgian house. The verandah, dormers, and cylindrical corner bay were added and the window openings changed with much stained glass embellishment; all in accordance with the Queen Anne style that was fashionable at the time.