776 Queen Street
Peter Fraser, a fur trader, came to New Brunswick from Scotland in 1784 and prospered. In 1791 he built this large residence with a store at the upper end, calling it "Cambourne House." The dormers and overmantles of the windows are late 19th century additions, but the exterior is still very much a Georgian/Loyalist arrangement and the interior preserves much of its 18th century elegance. The Hon. J.J. Fraser bought the house in 1895 and renamed it "Farraline Place." His widow left it to the Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons in 1921, and it is now a seniors’ home.